Click below for detailed information about your charge:
- Theft, Robbery, Armed Robbery, Burglary, Aggravated Burglary
- Handling Stolen Goods or Recent Possession
- Obtaining Property by Deception, Obtaining Financial Advantage by Deception
- False Accounting, Falsification of Documents, Blackmail and Fraud Offences
- Bribes and Secret Commissions
- Criminal Damage
- Contamination of Goods
- Explosive Devices
A minor shop theft charge might only result in a small penalty like a fine, but you should explore whether you can avoid getting a criminal record by pursuing a Diversion Order.
More serious or multiple offences often result in a prison term, particularly if you have prior convictions.